Dark Fang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dark Fang

Dark Fang Forum

5 posters

Game Basics

Scorned
    Admin

Game Basics Empty Game Basics

Post  Scorned Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:14 pm

Well this is a little presumptuous, I am assuming I know enough of the game to give you all the basics! This will also be flushed out at a later time.

There are a few crucial crucial facts all of us need to know and implement in order to achieve our goals.

1. DO NOT TRAIN YOUR lvl 1, lvl 2 lvl 3 units. BUY them as mercenaries. Simply put, power (and income) is determined by the SIZE of your army. You want to buy as many lvl 1's and 2's as possible.

2. DO NOT BUY TOWERS. Unless there's been some great change this round, Towers are a waste of gold. They only add to your defensive DA, which along with DA from your Forts is utterly useless.

3. Reaching a lvl 20 barracks gives you UNLIMITED troop capacity. This should be one of your primary goals in the game.

4. Income cap is 85,000/21,250 gold per open/closed market tic. This DOES not include gold from your markets. One of your other primary goals is to reach the Income Cap. Typically this is around 65-75k power. So to get there as fast as possible, keep buying mercenaries!!!!

5. Try to keep your overall morale above 98%. You can let a single unit's morale drop as far as 97.5% as long as the others are above 100% with no negative consequences in terms of income or attack rolls.

6. Limit your lvl 5 units! (Hydra, Manticore, Scorpion) These are costly units and do not have armor or weapons. I will have the calculations up soon. You do need to purchase some to maintain a decent morale, however only buy them as needed, do not go above a lvl 6 building for them.

7. We need to plan our army builds. Basically each of us must choose which units we want to buy the most of. Typically for Dark Elves and Fangolians, we buy LOTS of lvl 1's and 2's. And then it's up to us to decide whether we want to focus on lvl 3's with 4/5 for balance or focus on lvl 4's with 3/5 for balance. Elves and Dracs are a tiny bit different. My calculations and theories coming soon!

8. Adjust your market to when you have the best chance to be online. This game requires pretty minimal activity. But I would like for us to put some effort, we have some ambitious goals, and I believe we can achieve them if we all work together.

9. This game is supposed to be fun. Remember that!
    d3v3sh
    d3v3sh
    Admin

Game Basics Empty Re: Game Basics

Post  d3v3sh Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:30 pm

Very well put scorned, i'm sure this will help out a lot of people,

1 question though.
    You said something about low moral messing with income bonus, you know any more information about this?

Thanks,
    d3v
    Scorned
    Admin

Post  Scorned Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:35 pm

I hope to put up an entire section on morale, with a calculator and everything, the only difficult part is working in the armory. However, as far as I can see Armory only improves a units morale by +2 if you have 100% armor and weapons for that unit.
    lunaris

Post  lunaris Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:54 pm

go the scorn!!!

Very informate mein leader Smile.

All we need now is an instruction manual, on all the lovely coloured balls floating around. cos unless i am colour blind the same colour ones, don't always affect you the same way. or could be i am just dozy Wink
    dragonx766

Post  dragonx766 Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:39 pm

hey scorened if it will help every time an elf makes 3 swordsman the moral goes down one same with rangers but if u make 2 gurdians or scorpians it goes down one
    Scorned
    Admin

Post  Scorned Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:01 am

Luna, we have an orb section in the forums, it's directly above the Chat. and dragon, thanks for the data, I don't have much on elves, so this does help. I think I have Morale formula cracked at least before we all start buying armor and weapons in mass quantities.
    Cyerte

Post  Cyerte Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:20 am

I blame my power slowdown on my weird strategy. I'm trying to focus on 3s and 4s, so the lack of loading up on 2s is keeping me slow (as is the acquisition of weaponry) but I'm interested to see if this build is less squishy in later parts of the round. I dunno about other fangs, but late in the round, I couldn't hit even high-gold targets for enough money to cover the troops I'd lose in the attack

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:33 am