Dark Fang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dark Fang

Dark Fang Forum

2 posters

Race Bonuses

Scorned
    Admin

Race Bonuses Empty Race Bonuses

Post  Scorned Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Hello Dark Fanginites,

I am going to post my best understanding of the races bonuses. If you have better information, please do add to the discussion so that we may all learn the nuances of this game. I also plan to flush this out with more detailed information on the each races advantages, weaknesses etc.

Human: Income Bonus
    Humans earn 10% more income per unit and market than the other races. Pretty straight forward bonus.

Orc: Raiding Bonus
    Orcs earn 10% more gold per attack than other races. This gold is "extra" meaning they do not steal 10% more, the game gives them a 10% bonus based on what was stolen. Does not work on Fangolians or other Orcs.

Undead: Animate bonus
    Undead raise 1 skeleton (lvl 1 unit) for ever 4 units they kill when ATTACKING. This does not work on the defensive, and does not work against other Undead or Fangolians

Troll: Regenerate Bonus
    Trolls regenerate 1 Underling (lvl 1 unit) for every 4 units they lose when ATTACKING. This does not work when they are defending and does not work against other Trolls or Fangolians.

Draconian: Scavenge Bonus
    Draconians earn an extra 4-7% more gold per attack. Like Orc bonus, it's a bonus the game generates, not extra stolen. Does not work on Draconians or Fangolians
    Terror Bonus
    This is an interesting one. This is the only race with two bonuses, and the only bonus that's dependent on having a specific unit, the Maulroc (lvl 5). The way I understand it is, if you have Maulrocs in your army, when you attack an enemy you scare away an amount of enemy soldiers proportional to how many Maulrocs you have. When you ATTACK, you are effectively reducing the size of your opponent's army, ensuring you win and kill more units. They come back at the end of the attack. I also understand that if the enemy soldiers that got scared away had armor or weapons, then they also do not count when the final rolls are calculated. This bonus has some very interesting potential. Does not work on other Draconians or Undead or when you a Draconian is defending an attack. This is the only bonus that DOES work against Fangolians.

Dark Elves: Curse Bonus
    Dark Elves curse 1 armor or weapon from an enemy for every 6 units they kill when they ATTACK. Dark Elves also curse 1 armor or weapon for every unit that is killed when DEFEND an attack. These ratios may have changed with the new round. This does not work against Dark Elves or Fangolians.

Fangolians: Negate Bonus
    Fangolians are immune to almost every other race bonus. When Defending against Orcs, Undead, Trolls, Elves, Dark Elves and Draconians no extra gold is stolen, no weapons are cursed, no Undead or Troll lvl 1's come back from the dead and the Elf attack bonus is zero. When attacking Dark Elves or Dwarves, no weapons are cursed and Dwarf defense bonus is zero. Only the Draconian Terror Bonus works when ATTACKING a Fangolian.

Elves: Attack Bonus
    Not 100% sure on what this bonus means in terms of how the game works. I assume that when an Elf ATTACKS +1 is added to the attack roll for every unit they have. I believe this is like a bonus Weapons Adjustment. However it works, Elves rarely lose when they ATTACK, and often kill more units than most other races. Does not work on Fangolians or Elves.

Dwarves: Defense Bonus
    Like the Elvish bonus, not 100% how the game mechanics works with this one. I do not believe that it is like extra Defense Adjustment. I think it's more of a reverse Weapons Bonus, raising the amount of damage it takes to kill a Dwarf unit when you ATTACK a Dwarf. I also believe this only works when Dwarves defend, not when they attack.

Again, for any of you that may have different data or theories, please post so that we may all benefit!

Hope this is helpful for some of you,

Happy Hunting
    d3v3sh
    d3v3sh
    Admin

Race Bonuses Empty Re: Race Bonuses

Post  d3v3sh Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:32 pm

I do know last round, when we were in war,
    I was using 1 AP a lot, and was cursing a weapon with every attack, not sure how many units I was killing, but I know some times it was under 6, with still cursing.

I'll keep a better look on it this round as I progress further.
    Scorned
    Admin

Post  Scorned Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:28 pm

Ah! Yes, I think I meant to say for every 1-6 units you kill, you have a chance to curse a weapon. So yes you can curse weapons even if you only kill 1 or 2 units. 1-6 kills = 1 weapon 7-12 = 2 weapons. That kind of rubric. This is also how the Troll and Undead Bonuses work. Thanks for helping me clarify!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:38 am